- 110-ounce box couscous (1 1/3 cups)
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1small onion, chopped
- 128-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4cup pitted green olives
- 1/2cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, wine, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cover. Cook until the shrimp are cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve with the couscous.
Egg Masala Recipe
Egg Masala is a very easy recipe since it involves flavourful gravy and pairs well with all kinds of food like chapathi, naan, bread, rice, biriyani etc. The mint leaves in the egg masala give it a fresh and minty taste that will also add to the exotic flavor. The masalas and the spices added are the cherry on the cake when added at right quantities. So, here’s the recipe of exquisite egg masala.
- Step1To start off with, boil 3-4 eggs and once you are done, remove the shells of the eggs. It is good if you cab pierce into the eggs when you add it in the masala as the flavors can be absorbed quickly that way.
- Step2You can use either coconut powder/grated or simply use the cashew paste to add to the mixture for it to give a better taste.
- Step3Heat the pan and pour some oil into it. You can now add mustard seeds and jeera (If required). Let it splutter.
- Step4Add onions and the other spices like Garam masala, chilli powder, salt. Add the chopped onions into the mixture and sauté well. Once you sauté till brown, the aroma will be evident.
- Step5Add ginger garlic paste and fry it well. It is now time to add tomatoes to it.
- Step6Mix it well and squish the tomato with the onions. Let it become a good paste.
- Step7You can add masala powders even after adding the tomatoes. The best way to add masala powder is when you fry it a little before you add it into the tomato mixture.
- Step8Now you can pour the cashew paste and let it cook. Finally add the eggs into it.
- Step9The finely chopped mint leaves and coriander can be added towards the end. Let the Masala cook for a while.
- Step10When you let it cook, the aroma of mint leaves and masala will be absorbed by the eggs.
- Step11Serve hot with chapathis or rice.