Curvy's Turkey Chili Cheese Pie with Cornmeal Crust.
You can have Curvy's Turkey Chili Cheese Pie with Cornmeal Crust using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Curvy's Turkey Chili Cheese Pie with Cornmeal Crust
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 of 28 oz can crushed tomatoes w/liquid.
- Prepare 1 cup of low sodium beef broth.
- It’s 1 can of kidney beans (15 oz) drained + rinsed.
- You need 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of yellow cornmeal.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 large of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 cup of grated cheddar.
Curvy's Turkey Chili Cheese Pie with Cornmeal Crust instructions
- Mist slow cooker insert with cooking spray..
- Warm 2 tbsp. oil in large skillet over medium high heat..
- Add onion, cook and stir until softened, about 2 min..
- Add garlic and chili powder, saute about 1 min..
- Stir in turkey, breaking up large clumps of meat. Cook thoroughly..
- Stir in tomatoes and broth, then add beans. Bring to a boil, and then transfer to slow cooker..
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well..
- In another bowl, mix egg, milk, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, and cheese. Mix well, then pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix..
- Pour batter over chili and gently spread to cover..
- Cover slow cooker, cook on low until chili is hot and crust is lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 hours..