Asparagus Casserole. Asparagus is layerd with cream of mushroom soup, boiled eggs, crushed crackers "This is a recipe my mother always made on special occasions–it was the only casserole dish my father would eat. You can think of asparagus casserole as the spring version of Green Bean Casserole. Asparagus gets topped with a bacon cream sauce, plenty of cheese, and the best part of all—Ritz crackers.
Put a layer of asparagus on bottom then add soup. Next add mushrooms and half the cheese. Add second layer of asparagus and end with a layer of cheese. You can cook Asparagus Casserole using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Asparagus Casserole
- It’s 2 of family sized cans of cream of mushroom soup condensed.
- Prepare 2 bundles of fresh asparagus.
- Prepare 2 containers of portabella mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 can (12 oz) of evaporated milk.
- Prepare of Fried onion crisps.
Learn how to make Asparagus Casserole. Super easy and healthy asparagus casserole that comes together in just a few steps. The fancy feeling of a veg that isn't green beans with the comfort of cheese. Comfort food you grew up with gets a one pot, lightened up, spring makeover!
Asparagus Casserole instructions
- If you used condensed soup then use evaporated milk. If soup is NOT condensed do NOT use evaporated milk..
- Rinse mushrooms and asparagus and slice. Asparagus cut bottom ends off and cut stalks in half length. Slice mushrooms. Layers them until all are in casserole dish..
- Pour cream of mushroom soup and evaporated milk into a bowl and mix together. Then pour mixture over asparagus and mushrooms. Cover with tinfoil and cool at 350° until asparagus is slightly al dente..
- To serve sprinkle with fried onions…side note the soup if you made the mixture too thin is a great base for gravy..
This One Pot Creamy Chicken and Asparagus Casserole is easy to make and perfect for a weeknight family dinner! Growing up, my mom made asparagus casserole using a recipe from an old church cookbook. This asparagus casserole recipe is easy to make with a homemade white sauce, mushrooms, butter, and bread crumbs or crushed potato chips. A twist on a classic green bean casserole, my asparagus casserole will definitely not disappoint. Made similarly to your traditional Thanksgiving green bean.