Grilled Chicken Salad with greens and vegetables are tossed in a honey-lime vinaigrette and topped with a delicious peanut sauce.
Trust me, this delicious grilled chicken salad will soon become your summertime staple! Other grilled chicken favorites Korean Grilled Chicken Breasts, Grilled Chicken Shawarma and Grilled Bourbon Chicken.
Hi there, I’m Heather K. Jones. I’m a dietitian, a wellness coach and the founder of Feel Better Eat Better, a program for women who struggle with emotional eating, binge eating, or food or body image issues of any sort. If you need help with emotional eating, you can sign up for my FREE workshop right HERE. And you can join the super-supportive Feel Better Eat Better Facebook group right HERE. I love sharing what has helped me and my clients build healthier and happier lives!
For Peanut Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce, or gf soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ½ tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
For Honey Lime Vinaigrette:
- Zest and juice from 1 medium lime
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced white onion
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- Pinch kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup sliced jicama
- ½ cup store-bought tortilla strips, check labels for GF
- Make peanut sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.Make vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in another small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat outdoor grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Place chicken between a piece of plastic wrap or parchment and pound to an even thickness. Season with salt and pepper. Grill for 5-6 minutes, turn and grill for an additional 5-6 minutes more, or until chicken is cooked through. Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes, then slice thin.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine greens, bell pepper, carrots and jicama. Add peanut sauce, vinaigrette and chicken and gently toss to combine. Divide the salad among 4 bowls and top each with 2 tablespoons tortilla strips. Serve immediately.