Mocha Cakes Recipe
Mocha Brownie Cake (A Coffee and Chocolate Delight)
Mocha Cakes Recipe. Mocha brownie cakes, for the most part, are very easy to make and for coffee and chocolate lovers they are pure heaven. Brownie cakes can be easier to prepare than pastries since you do not need to roll them with a rolling pin and fill them with fruit. Brownie cakes have the most amazing taste if prepared correctly.
So when you are ready to make a homemade Mocha brownie cake, you need to decide what type of chocolate you would like to use. You may use either white or dark, chocolate you may also want to use milk chocolate in your Mocha brownie cake from scratch. All three types of chocolate have there own unique, the flavor they all are delicious in Mocha brownie cake. Read: Butter Cake Recipe
The type of coffee you use will make a difference in the taste of your recipe also. As you know there are many different types of coffee, the most widely known is Colombian. Most people do not know that true mocha comes from Yemen. Mocha is actually a port city on the Arabian Peninsula and was the largest exporter of coffee in the fifteenth century.
Maybe your grandmother has a delicious recipe for Mocha brownie cake; you may want to use that recipe for your cake. One of the most important things to remember before you begin to prepare your cake is to make sure you have all the ingredients. After you are sure you have all the ingredients you may consider reading through the preparation instructions before you begin. When you’re sure you have everything down pat it’s time to begin preparing your delightful treat. If you need a recipe for a mocha brownie cake, try this one and here is a great recipe for mocha icing also. Enjoy! Read also: Brownies Recipe Easy
Mocha Brownie Cake
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 Tbsp. instant coffee granules
1 can (1 lb.) chocolate syrup
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp. vanilla
Orange slices, for garnish
Walnuts, for garnish
Mint leaves, for garnish
1. Cream butter, 1 cup sugar, and coffee until light.
2. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
3. Stir in syrup until well blended.
4. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Fold flour mixture into batter until blended. Stir in 1 cup nuts and vanilla.
6. Pour into greased and floured 9 in. pan. Combine remaining sugar and nuts. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
7. Bake at 350*f for 1 hour 10 minutes or until sides pull away from the pan. ( center will be moist)
8. Cool cake in a pan, on a rack, for 30 minutes before removing cake from pan. (Cake will shrink)
9. Serve with whipped cream dotted with coffee granules. Garnish cake with orange slices, mint leaves, and walnuts.
1 1/2 pounds butter (softened)
1 1/2 pounds powdered confectionery sugar
1/3 cup coffee liqueur
4 tablespoons instant coffee
Whip butter 1 minute on low speed, 2 minutes on medium speed and then add the powdered confectionery sugar, liqueur and coffee.
Rinse spreading knife in hot water to make spreading the icing easier. Begin spreading icing at the bottom of the sides of the cake. After iced, use hot knife or spatula to smooth out the icing. Pipe rosettes around bottom and top with more buttercream and top with espresso beans.
Chill and slicing will be easier.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4769004