Chicken Wing Recipes
Cooking Chicken Wings Recipes – The Recipe For Chicken Wings You Can Prepare at Home
Who can pass up a big dish of chicken wings? Spicy, crunchy, and delicious, they’re simply irresistible.
If you like chicken wings as much as I do, below are 4 chicken wing recipes you can prepare at home:
1. Cajun Chicken Wings
– 12 Chicken wings – tips removed
– 5 Bay leaves – crumbled into bits
– 3/4 teaspoon Caraway seeds
– 1/2 To 3/4 Tsp. cayenne pepper
– 3/4 teaspoon Ground cumin
– 3/4 teaspoon Ground coriander
– 4 Garlic cloves – finely
– 1 1/2 teaspoons Dry mustard
– 2 teaspoons Paprika – preferably
– 3/4 teaspoon Dried thyme leaves
– 1/2 teaspoon Salt
– 2 tablespoons Brandy
– 2 tablespoons Fresh lemon or lime juice
– Defat the chicken wings by cooking them in boiling water for 10 minutes.
– Drain and set aside to cool.
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
– Using a large mortar and pestle, grind together the bay leaf bits, caraway seeds, cayenne pepper, coriander, cumin, garlic, mustard, paprika, thyme and salt for about 10 minutes.
– Add the brandy and lemon or lime juice to the pulverized herbs and stir into a thick paste.
– With a pastry brush, cover both sides of each wing with the herb paste.
– When no more remains in the mortar, squeeze the last few drops from the brush.
– Arrange the chicken wings on a baking sheet.
– Bake until the skin turns deep brown and is quite crisp approximately 30 minutes.
Takes about an hour to prepare. Read also: Chicken Breast Recipes
2. African Chicken Wings
For the Wings
– 4 Garlic cloves
– 2 Shallots
– 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
– 1 tablespoon Chinese 5 spice
– 2 teaspoons Paprika
– 1 teaspoon dried rosemary – crumbled
– 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne – or to taste
– 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
– 4 pounds Chicken wings — about 20-24
– Tips removed
For the Sauce
– 1/3 cup Natural style peanut butter
– 1/4 cup canned cream of coconut – Well stirred
– 2 Garlic cloves – chopped
– 1/4 cup Water
– 1/4 cup Red bell pepper – chopped
– 1/8 teaspoon Dried hot red pepper flakes Or to taste
– 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
– Coriander sprigs
– Prepare the chicken wings: Mince and mash the garlic and shallots to a paste with the salt.
– In a large bowl stir the paste together with the 5 spice powder, paprika, rosemary, cayenne, and the oil. Mix well.
– Add the chicken wings.
– Toss and stir them until they are completely covered with the marinade.
– Let them marinate, covered and chilled for 4 hours or over night.
– Arrange the wings, skin side up, on the rack of a foil lined large broiler pan and bake them in the upper third of a preheated 425F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until they are golden.
The wings may be prepared one day in advance, kept covered and chilled and then reheated before serving.
– In a blender, blend together the peanut butter, cream of coconut, garlic, water, bell pepper, red pepper flakes and the soy sauce until the mixture is smooth, season the sauce with salt, to taste.
– Transfer the sauce to a serving bowl set on a platter.
– Arrange the wings around the bowl and garnish the platter with the coriander. Read also: BBQ Chicken Recipes
3. Barbecue Wing Dings
– 3 pounds chicken wing
– 3 tablespoons brown sugar
– 2 drops Worcestershire sauce
– 4 cups ketchup
– 1 onion
– Cut off the small piece of the chicken wing and the body part so you have only the meaty part.
– Mix the ketchup, onion (cut up), brown sugar and sauce together. Dip wings in the sauce.
– Put on cookie sheet.
– Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 1/2 hour. If you have extra sauce, cook in a saucepan until thick.
4. Barbecued Chicken Wings
– 35 Chicken wings – tips removed
– 1 Stick butter
– 1 cup Brown sugar
– 1/2 tablespoon Sauce
– 1/2 cup Dry red wine
– 2 teaspoons Dry mustard
– 2 large Garlic cloves – crushed
– 1/4 cup Fresh lemon juice and Fresh ground pepper to taste. Read also: Baked Chicken Breast Recipes
Requires marinating and long cooking time but it is simple.
– Place chicken wings, disjointed, in a large flat pan.
– Combine other ingredients and pour over chicken.
– Let stand for at least 1 hour or overnight.
– Be sure all wings are well coated with marinade.
– Place pan in 350 in the oven and reduce heat to 250.
– Bake 4-5 hours, turning wings at regular intervals.
If all marinade is not absorbed, pour off and dry wings out a bit longer in an oven (but not too much) before serving.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1734021