Apple Pie Slab something or other. Slab pies feed a crowd and this simple apple slab pie with maple icing is always a crowd-pleaser! Apple pie is a year-round must and there are a billion ways you can make it. Today, let's make a ( I just used the other spices for the apple one I made- ginger, nutmeg, cloves and cardamom, and it.
I so hope I can use something else instead of food processor. Apple Slab Pie it was incredibly easy to make, bigger than your average pie, and was absolutely delicious. I froze two, beore cooking and will pull them out for company. You can have Apple Pie Slab something or other using 15 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Pie Slab something or other
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 10 cups of granny smith apples, peeled & sliced.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar; if you like it sweeter, add 1/2 cup more.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- You need of Pie Crust.
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 12 tablespoons of cubed butter.
- Prepare 6-8 tablespoons of ice water.
- It’s of Crumble Topping.
- You need 4 tablespoons of cubed butter.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need of Greased 9x13in. baking pan.
The other one I baked and it. How to Make a Slab Apple Pie SLAB APPLE PIE RECIPE HOMEMADE Please Subscribe, Comment, Like & Share Hey Guys, in this Video, I will be sharing with you. Crisp apples are coated in brown sugar caramel, layered over tender pate brisee, & piled with a buttery This Apple Slab Pie is kind of a simpler version of tart Tatin.
Apple Pie Slab something or other step by step
- Crust: In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, & salt.
- Work 4 tablespoons of butter into the dry mixture, with a fork til it resembles corn meal.
- Add the rest of the butter in & mix.
- Pour in 6 tablespoons of water to start & try to knead the dough together.
- Dump out mixture onto a floured surface & continue kneading, just until combined.
- Form dough into a disc, cover in plastic wrap & refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Now's a good time to preheat your oven to 425°.
- Apple Filling: Wash, peel & thinly slice apples.
- In another large bowl, toss in apples, sugar & cinnamon to mix together, then set aside.
- Crumb Topping: in a medium bowl whisk together the flour & brown sugar.
- Work 4 tablespoons butter into flour mixture with a fork until it resembles corn meal.
- Assembly: Roll out pie dough into a 10×14 rectangle.
- Transfer into your buttered cake pan making sure there's no air pockets underneath or holes in the dough; I used a nonstick 9x13in. pan.
- Place your apple mixture into the crust & distribute them evenly.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the apples evenly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until juices have slightly thickened & are bubbly.
- Let set for 2 hours at room temperature or overnight in the fridge.
Which, I am prone to do with desserts because if I'm going to eat something decadent, I like to go all in. Last year I remember seeing slab pies all over the place – all over the web and in How to Make Apple Slab Pie. On lightly floured surface, unroll and stack crusts one on top of the other. This Apple Slab Pie is much simpler to make than a traditional pie and is every bit as good! Less fussy than your average pie, easy to slice and serve, you've gotta try this one out this Fall season!